1. The vacancy position as per Circle office notification.
2. The vacancies notified are likely to vary /change without any prior intimation.
3. Scale of Pay: Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade pay of Rs. 2400 + admissible allowance.
4. Age Limit: 18-27 years; The Age limit is relaxable for Applicants belonging to Scheduled
Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Applicants up to 5 years and for Applicants belonging to Other
Backward Classes up to 3 years and for Government servants up to the age of 40 years in
accordance with the Instructions or orders issued by Government of India from time to time. Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen would be as per extant orders of government of
India issued from time to time.
Note~ The crucial date for determining the age limits shall be the closing date for receipt of Applications from Applicants in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those
Applicants residing in Assam/Meghalaya/Arunachal Pradesh/Mizoram/Manipur/ Nagaland/ Tripura/Sikkim/ Ladakh division of J&K state, Lahul & Spiti District of HP and Pangi sub division of Chamba Dist in HP, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and
5. Educational Qualification:
(i) 10 +2 Standard or 121h Class pass with at least 60 % marks and above, from any recognized University/Board of School Education, Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject (excluding vocational streams) for OC candidates, 55 % and above for Other Backward Classes and 45% and above for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes shall apply.
(ii) Should have studied local language of the State or
of the Union Territory Postal Circle concerned or Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation or equivalent.
6. Pattern of Examination:- The Applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total 100 marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude Test (PaperI) will be comprising following four parts (A/B/C/D). The total duration of the Aptitude Test will be 2 hrs (120 Minutes). There is no negative marking.
25 Questions on General Knowledge - Questions on current events, sports, history, geography, basic economics, general polity, Indian Constitution, science environment etc. - 25 Marks
25 Questions on Mathematics of matriculation standard which may cover
number system, simplification, decimals, corrections, simple and
compound interest, per centage, average, profit & loss, discount,
menstruation, time & work and time & distance etc. - 25 Marks
25 Questions on English covering grammar (prepositions, adverbs,
conjunction,direct/ indirect speech, singular & plural, tenses,
antonyms/synonyms etc - 25 Marks
25 Questions on Reasoning and analytical Ability - 25 Marks
Computer/ Typing Test (Paper-II): The Typing Test shall be for a duration of 30 minutes (15 minutes each for Typewriting and data entry) consisting of one passage of 450 words in English or 375 words in Hindi to be typed with a minimum speed of 30/25 words per minute respectively & Data entry of some figures and letters each carrying equal marks on Computers. The typing test and test of data entry operations will be conducted on Computer key board but not on type writer.
7. Selection Process: All Applicants belonging to various categories who haveobtained the following marks in 10+2 examination shall be called for appearing in the Aptitude Test OC 60 % and above SC/ST 45 % and above OBC 55 % and above No weightage of marks secured by the Applicants in 10+2 examination will be given while preparing the Merit List. Applicants numbering five times the No. of vacancies in each category shall be declared qualified for appearing Computer/Typing Test based on the marks secured by them in Aptitude Test (Paper I). The minimum qualifying marks to be obtained in each part of Aptitude Test is:
OC 40% i.e., 10 marks in each part & 40 % in aggregate
SC/ST 33% i.e., 8 marks in each part & 33 % in aggregate
OBC 38% i.e., 9 marks in each part & 38 % in aggregate
The final merit shall be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the Applicants in the Aptitude Test (Paper I) only subject to their qualifying in Computer/Typing test( Paper 11). Allocation of successful candidates will be as per SI. 25.1 of the Information Brochure/ Instruction sheet.
8. Cost of Application Form: The Application Form is sold at a Price of Rs. 50 and the sale will be through All Head Post offices and identified Post offices in the Circles. The sale will commence from 11-08-2012 and last date for sale closes on 25-09-2012. There will be no sale after 25/09/2012. Details of all Head Post Offices and identified Post Offices in the Circle, which are authorised to sell the Application Form is enclosed to this Notification.
9. Examination Fee: The Applicants have to pay the prescribed Examination fee of Rs. 200 and it should be deposited in an identified Post Office of this circle and obtain ACG-67/UCR receipt. ALL FEMALE CANDIDTES AND APPLICANTS BELONGING TO SCHEDULED CASTE/SCHEDULED TRIBE /PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CATEGORIES ARE EXEMPTED FROM PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE. NO EXAMINATION FEE EXEMPETION HOWEVER AVALABLE TO OBC APPLICANTS AND THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE EXAMINATION FEE IN FULL,
Applications received without prescribed fee receipt shall be summarily rejected.
Note .1: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Note. II: Fee paid through any mode other than UCR/ACG-67 in Post Office will not be
Note.III : Payment of Examination fee will be accepted only by the identified Post
Note.IV : The issue of ACG 67/UCR receipt towards payment of Examination fee
will be stopped on the last date fixed for sale of the Application Form.
10. The Candidate has to apply for one Post only, and if a candidate submits more than one Application form, his/ her candidature shall liable to be cancelled and no communication will be sent in this regard
11. The Applicants have to indicate their option of Division, In the Circle, to which they intend to apply and also indicate the options for Examination Centres belonging to that Circle only. For Example, a candidate applying for
Haryana Circle has to indicate options of divisions/ units in Haryana Circle and also to indicate Examination Centres in that Circle only. Allotment of examination city in the Postal Circle is the prerogative of the Postal Department and change in allotment of Examination city is not permitted at any stage.
12. How to apply: The Applicants have to carefully read & follow the instructions given in Information Brochure/ Instruction sheet supplied along with Application form in filling the same. The Applications which do not conform to the conditions are liable to be rejected summarily.
13. Mode of despatch: The Applications duly filled in along with original receipt of ACG-67/UCR issued by the identified Post Office of this Circle towards payment of Examination fee have to be sent to “Direct Recruitment Cell, New Delhi HO, New Delhi-110001" through SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST OF INDIA POST only. The Applications received through Courier or delivered in person will not be accepted.
i) The Applicants need not enclose/attach copies of any Certificates/ Testimonials along with the Application except original ACG-67/UCR receipt issued by Post Office towards payment of Examination fee. All the applications are treated as provisional and admit card will be issued subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
ii) The original OMR Application Form obtained through Post office alone should be used for applying for the Post. Xerox /Photostat copies will not be accepted under any circumstances.
14. The Applicants have to enclose a Window Envelope affixing a postage stamp of Rs.5 (provided along with their OMR Application form) and send it along with the filled OMR Application Form to enable for despatching the Admit Cards.
15. Last date for receipt of Applications by the Recruitment agency is fixed as 01-10-2012 and for those residing in Assam/ Meghalaya/Arunachal Pradesh/Mlzoram/Manipur/ Nagaland/ Tripura/Sikkim/ Ladakh Division of J &K state, Lahaul & Spiti District of Himachal Pradesh and Pangi sub division of Chamba Dist in Himachal Pradesh Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep will be 11-10-2012.
16. The Aptitude Test will be preferably conducted on a common date for all the Postal Circles in
India. The Admit card issued to the candidates will be purely provisional subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
17. Applicants may visit the website www.indiapost.gov.in on regular basis till the last date of examination so that he/she gets last minute update if any in schedule of examination/eligibility status/venue status/other information related to the Recruitment process.